Come to the Chesterfield County Animal Shelter to visit our pets, or use PetFinder to view some of the pets available for adoption at the shelter.
For a smooth adoption experience, bring:
- Current Virginia driver’s license or picture identification with current address.
- There is an adoption fee of $60 for dogs and cats
- Check or cash. The Animal Shelter does not accept debit or credit cards at this time.
Each dog or cat will have undergone the following procedures prior to the adoption
- Spay / neuter surgery
- Age-appropriate preventative vaccinations
- FELV / FIV testing for cats
- Heartworm testing for dogs
- Microchips for dogs
- Rabies vaccine for dogs and cats over 4 months of age
- At the time of adoption, dog owners will be required to purchase a dog license.
For more information visit the Chesterfield County Animal Services Unit
This information is provided by Chesterfield County, Virginia, a FIRST CHOICE community